Saturday, April 23, 2011

Xiu Xiu joins the Polyvinyl family

Two days ago I mentioned the most recent signing of Sub Pop Records; Georgia based chillwave project Washed Out, this time it's up to Polyvinyl Records (Asobi Sesksu, Vivian Girls, Starfucker) to present their newest family member; they create experimental electronic music and are far from new to the world of contemporary music; Xiu Xiu. After the release of 8 full-lengths and several EP's/7"'s, they have now joined Polyvinyl for both a full-length (early 2012) and fortuntately in the meantime a 7", which will be released somewhere this September, apparently including a Rihanna cover. For now, I can't tell you whether amplifiedstrawberry will be still alive and kicking in early 2012, but I will assure you a review of that tiny piece of 7" vinyl will be posted here as soon as I get the oppurtunity to hear it.

Until September one will have to enjoy oneselves with their earlier works, as I am a huge devotee of enoyment, here's a unofficial fan video of I Luv the Valley Oh!


Spread the love, it's worth it,

Selwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the love