Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shit's Awes0me: Safeashome

Everybody probably has a couple of bands/artists in mind of which they think are incredibly underrated, in my case on of these bands are Safeashome, a partially electronic shoegaze/noise pop band signed, like Ceremony, to Safranin Sound. Very little is known about this band, they released two singles (Grid and Hateful Town) and an album (Not What Happens) through the aforementioned Safraninsound, but since a year or so I haven't heard a thing about them. The Safranin site is inactive and Safeashome's myspace page has been deleted. It's a pity because in my humble opinion Not What Happens was one of the best albums of 2008, and Hateful Town is still one of my favourite tracks ever. They recorded this track during a live session, a video of this session was published on Youtube, but it took another few months before the track itself was released, too bad they decided to rerecord this track, resulting in a far less interesting version. The version I adore so much:



The first time hearing this track was like hearing what I was looking for in music, it has everything: absolute beautiful unequalled guitar sound, extremely dreamy, noisy, just enough reverb on the vocals, just superb. Everytime I hear this, I wonder why they got so little attention, because if there's one band that deserves it, it's Safeashome. If only you'd give it a chance because their vocalist looks so much like Ian Curtis. I would definitely recommend to look for the whole album, as long as I am online, you can find it on Soulseek, containing an additional 11 pearls of sonic violence, but a bit more hi-fi than the songs posted here. If you're really still not convinced (which would be ridiculous): here's the only pearl I was able to find on the interwebz:



There is another video that was posted last January, if it was posted by one of the bandmembers, or someone from Safranin, there might be a little bit of hope for them coming back someday, in that case, I'll be waiting.

Everyone, please put your reverb in frónt of your fuzz,

Selwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the love