Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shit's Awes0me: Julia Stone

For those who have been living underneath a rock, in a cave or in Oklahoma for the past 5 years, and thus haven't heard of the name Julia Stone, I will try to introduce the most beautiful female voice in modern folk music first; Julia Stone is essentially the female half of the Australian folk duo Angus & Julia Stone, who are, as the name also suggests, siblings. Both were already playing music before Angus & Julia Stone formed, one could say they are two solo musicians playing together. Angus and Julia released two albums together: A Book Like This (2008) and Down The Way (2010), which was, with distance, my favourite record of that year. This same year Julia Stone also released her solo album The Memory Machine, an album essentially in the same nature as both Angus & Julia Stone albums, but a bit more introvert and, of course, primarily featuring female vocals. At a live concert last year in Amsterdam (so happy I was there) they played probably the most beautiful song of Julia Stone's solo album: Where Does The Love Go. I am really happy to have finally found this song, because I initially wasn't even aware of the existence of a solo appearance of Julia Stone. Because of my euphoria, I'd love to share it with you:



Julia Stone rarely performs live solo, but in March and May Angus & Julia Stone will tour pretty much whole Western Europe (except Holland, boohoo), and the 15th they will perform live at the Coachella Valley Music and Art Festival in Indio, California. if you have nothing to do, if your boyfriend/girlfriend is finally saturated, if you prefer a Heart Full of Wine, or find yourself frequently asking yourself "Where Does The Love Go?", I would really like to advise anyone who reads this to visit on of their concerts, it's a magical experience, I promise.

It's such a shame this video doesn't include a picture of her, so I had to include one myself, she is just so amazingly cute while singing.

Please everyone, spread the love!

Selwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread the love